Cami & I have been in Texas for an extended vacation. It started with a trip to San Antonio for the Southern Baptist Convention. After visiting Luckenbach, it continued with a trip to Abilene to hang out with her family. It will conclude next week with a trip back to Houston to see my family.
We have both enjoyed being back in the motherland. So, in honor of that, here’s a little Texas state nationalism…things I like about Texas:
- The Mexican food — 5 out of 6 meals in San Antonio were Mexican food (and I wanted the 6th to be as well, but that was vetoed).
- The family — It’s great hanging out with Cami’s family and so fun seeing the new addition to the Bethancourts, John Thomas.
- The friends — Catching up with old friends like Chris Rogers and Michael Loudermilk brings a smile to your face.
- The roads — Smooth roads with no potholes and freeways with a 70 mph speed limit.
- The barbecue — beef, it’s what’s for dinner. None of this pulled pork.
The list could go on and on, but these are some key things that come to mind. Viva La Texas.